Hello portability, Goodbye DOS, Microsoft & Sybase

Clark Sims clarksimsgnu@my-Deja.com
Wed Aug 25 09:45:00 GMT 1999

 I have received a very warm welcome from the subscribers to this mailing list. Thanks to your help
I can now work my entire day without having to directly reference DOS. This is a major milestone in my long term plan, to make all of my code platform independent and forward compatible.

I also plan to switch to as much freeware and openware as possible. This will make my code much more stable because I will no longer have to depend on the vagaries of Microsoft and Sybase. This mailing list has also helped me take a large step in this direction.

Thanks Again,

Clark