cygwin vs. MKS Toolkit

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@ipass.net
Fri Aug 20 06:30:00 GMT 1999

Even
$75 is too much, whose code was not written initially by MKS.  They are
bunch
of
utils from GNU binutils.  Available from many places as
freeware.

  -----Original Message----- From:
  cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
  [mailto:cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com] On Behalf Of Chuck
  Boyce Sent: Friday, August 20, 1999 9:17 AM To:
  cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com Subject: RE: cygwin vs. MKS
  Toolkit Thanks Suhaib,
  That's *exactly* why I'm asking.  It's on sale for like $128. btw at
  www.provantage.com until October (with $75. rebate).
  Best!
  Chuck
  MKS Toolkit is collection of bunch of GNU utilities, which are already
part of Cygwin.  I am not sure why would you like to pay 200 buck for
something GNU utils which are available free from several places on
Internet, including source code from GNU itself.  I am also not sure how MKS
charge for those utilities which were written by GNU, like sh, sed and ls
etc etc.

Suhaib
    Chuck Boyce   http://httpsrv.ocs.drexel.edu/grad/sg95m476/
    sg95m476@post.drexel.edu   (215)432-4386   Fax: