FW: Description of the new 'ntsec' feature

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@ipass.net
Fri Aug 20 06:16:00 GMT 1999

> >Will send you strace report tomorrow, directly.  I have snapshot
> only on my
> >Office
> >computer.  Though I know how to reproduce the problem.  This is the
> >scenario:
> >
> >I have SET CYGWIN=nonetsec in my cygwin.bat file.
> >
> >Open one bash shell, and kill a process, leave the bash shell open.
> >
> >Open a second bash shell and type ls or anything other command, except
> >cd, it goes in that endless cylcle of error messages I posted.  The
> >only way to get out of it is to kill both the bash shells.
>
> Unfortunately, this scenario works fine for me.
>
> Also, I would really appreciate it if you use the latest snapshot for
> yor tests.  There is a 19990818 snapshot and there should be one tonight
> as well.
>
> cgf

I installed August 19th snapshot and problem disappeared.
I was the snapshot from first week of August.
I assume, strace is not needed now because with August 19th Snapshot
I could not reproduce it myself?

Suhaib