Cursors do not work in bash under Win98

Michael Weiser michael@weiser.saale-net.de
Thu Aug 19 17:15:00 GMT 1999

Hello Nuno, you wrote:
>  What happens is that whenever I run bash using the standard supplied cygnus
>icon, everything works just fine (environment, bashrc, HOME) except the cursor
>keys... I can't edit my command line neither browse through bash's history.
A friend of mine had the same problem with his German Win98 and after
a lot of searching in the mailing list archives, creative guessing and
just trying all weird keys I ever thought of I figured out, that at
least for him it works when he enables Num-Lock and uses the cursor
key representations on the numeric key block instead.

To Cygwin developers: Is this a known issue or should I compile some
information about it and send it to you?
--
bye, Michael