post b20.1: How to disable umask and access UNC path

igoresha@iwmail.com igoresha@iwmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:51:00 GMT 1999

 ---- Chris Faylor wrote:
> If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, then you've just
> outlined the solution to the problem -- use "net use" to allocate the
> remote share to a logical drive.  Doesn't cygwin work correctly in
> that context?
No: it changes security on remote shares using local account information.

In any case as it seems to me the simplest solution is to have an additional option to limit ntsec only to local drives. Otherwise one has to impose NFS semantic on something that is quite orthogonal to it.
And to do it in a reasonable way is hard...

Regards, Igor Boukanov