problems with msvcrt

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU
Sun Aug 1 19:18:00 GMT 1999

"Reza Habib" <reza@psych.utoronto.ca> writes:
> Hi.  My code compiles fine with just the basic gcc 2.95 installation.
> However after installing the msvcrt package for gcc 2.95
> (gcc-2.95-msvcrt-runtime.zip) on top of the gcc 2.95 installation, I get the
> following compile errors:

Something is obviously rotten with the msvcrt runtime drivers (c++, g++
and g77). I won't have time to check until tomorrow, but you can restore
the basic drivers and it should work.

> D:\TEMP\MakeDatamat>g++ -o MakeDatamat.exe -g MakeDatamat.cpp
> cpp: unrecognized option `-remap'

This is the first clue. It's running the wrong cpp!

Could you send me the output of the above with -v option added?

Thanks
Mumit