info - again

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU
Fri Apr 30 18:32:00 GMT 1999

"R. Hickling" <hicklinr@mcd.alcatel.be> writes:

> './configure' worked fine.
> 'make' got past 'util' but failed in 'doc':
> Making all in doc
> ../makeinfo/makeinfo -I. `echo info-stnd.texi | sed 's,.*/,,'`
> info-stnd.texi: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [info-stnd.info] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

You'll need to do some digging to see what is going wrong. This is what
I did with texinfo-3.12 when I did the initial build (I'm using the
original B20.1 Cygwin1 DLL on an NT 4.0SP3 machine):

  $ tar zxvf texinfo-3.12.tar.gz
  $ mkdir texinfo-3.12/BUILD
  $ cd texinfo-3.12/BUILD
  $ ../configure --prefix=/Cygnus/cygwin-b20 \
    --exec-prefix=/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32 -v i586-cygwin32
  $ make CC="gcc -I/usr/local/include"

my /usr/local/include contains all sorts of stuff like termcap, ncurses,
zlib, etc. I believe I have most of what Andy Piper distributes.

This is all from memory, but it's simple enough that it's a safe bet that
I haven't forgotten too much.

In your case, why don't you just tell make to ignore errors and go
forward? ie.,

  $ make -i

and see what happens?

Regards,