Using dll's.

Sven Wastlund Sven.Wastlund@epkadm.epk.ericsson.se
Wed Apr 7 08:50:00 GMT 1999

I am currently porting a program from UNIX to WindowsNT which is using rpc. I have a rpc package from netbula (thinking of changing).
The problem comes when I shall link the hole program. Netbulas rpc package uses a stripped dll-file instead of a .a file. So can you do a .a file that works from that kind of .dll file? (it doesnt seem to have a entry point either)

I have tested the RPC-4.0 for cygwin too but I never got to the linking part. Thats why I still works with the netbula package.

Is there anybody who is willing to give me some support if I change to cygnus rpc?

The program I work with is written in C++ mostly and I suppose that I have to change a few parts in the header-files if I change to cygnus version for example:

extern "C" {}

because that wasnt included when I checked the header-files.

Thanx for your time.

Sven.