B19: error in cygnus.bat

Michael Weiser michael@weiser.saale-net.de
Fri Sep 25 15:10:00 GMT 1998

Hello Wilfried, you wrote:
>I installed cygwin b19 under win95. The installation procedure
>creates the file "cygnus.bat" in the installation directory.
>In line 5 the environment variable %CYGROOT% is used but
>still undefined.
No, normally %CYGROOT% _is_ there and looks like

SET CYGROOT=e:\dev\cygwin32.b19

while this part cygnus.bat is something like

SET MAKE_MODE=unix
SET CYGWIN32=tty binmode
SET CYGROOT=e:\dev\cygwin32.b19
SET CYGFS=e:/dev/cygwin32.b19
SET CYGREL=b19
SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=%CYGROOT%\usr\lib\gcc-lib\
SET TCL_LIBRARY=%CYGROOT%\usr\share\tcl8.0\
SET GDBTK_LIBRARY=%CYGFS%/usr/share/gdbtcl
SET PATH=%CYGROOT%\bin;%CYGROOT%\usr\bin;%PATH%

for me.

Perhaps you've simply deleted it? Just add it or try to install
cygwin32 again, perhaps to some different directory.
--
bye, Michael
-