AFS executable problems

Steve Bennett sbennett@ichips.intel.com
Thu Sep 24 16:45:00 GMT 1998

I have an executable which builds and runs fine on an NFS drive mounted to my NT4 system.

The same executable, however, will not run when copied onto a Transarc mounted AFS drive. Bash complains that there is "no such file or directory". The permissions (when I do an ls -l) give owner, group and global execute and read permissions.

I get the same results when I build on the AFS drive. The build seems to go fine (just as it does on the NFS drive), so I am at a loss here.

Any ideas?

Thanks -

Steve

-----