Support for malign-double?

Toshiyuki Nakata nakata@ccm.cl.nec.co.jp
Wed Sep 9 03:25:00 GMT 1998

Hello:
I had written:
; ; I have one question on performance related issue.
; ;
; ; Do you support -malign-double in mingwin-32 and gnuwin-32 (egcs-1.0.2)?
; ;
;
; ; The reason is that I have been comparing the performance of a user's
; ; application on linux and Winnt and the interesting thing to note is that
; ;
; ; They are comparable for integer performance but  linux performance is
; ; about 20% better for floating point intensive application.
;
; Sorry, it seems that this has been fixed for the egcs1.0.2 for gnuwin32 b19
; but not for egcs1.0.2 on  ming32.
;

With the newest version of egcs1.1.0 released quite recently by Mumit
(Thank you very much  Mumit), common blocks are aligned on an 8byte
boundary for Mingw32 as well.
I got a 20% performance gain on some floating point programs.

Best Regards
Toshiyuki Nakata

-