winsup wont build

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 5 10:56:00 GMT 1998

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Vincent Sanders wrote:

> bash-2.01$ ./configure
> Configuring for a i686-pc-cygwin32 host.
> *** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
>      send-pr gprof texinfo target-gperf
>     (Any other directories should still work fine.)
> Created "Makefile" in /cygnus/src using "config/mh-cygwin32"
> Links are now set up to build a native compiler for i686-pc-cygwin32
> bash-2.01$

Configure as the following (with and w/out adding newlib), and I suggest
building in a object directory, not the source one:

  % mkdir obj
  % cd obj
  % ../configure --prefix=/Cygnus/B19 \
    	--exec-prefix=/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32 i386-cygwin32

The default i586-pc-cygwin32 screws up the directory lookup for various
target related stuff, so you need to use i386-cygwin32 which is what the
default installation does. My current setup uses i686-pc-cygwin32, but
that's consistent (ie., everything is built using that, including gcc
and all), and so it works.

Regards,
Mumit

-