-lcrypt

Stipe Tolj tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Nov 23 04:31:00 GMT 1998

> How do you get the -lcrypt flag to work.  I have the library and I know
> I can add
> path/libcrypt.a to get it to work.  But what do I need to set to make
> -lcrypt work.

ok, now I know what you are asking for. If you want to use the -lcrypt flag
within the gcc command line you will have to specify an additional library
search path if libcrypt.a is not within the standard library path. This means
you would need to call:

    gcc -o test -L/usr/local/lib -lcrypt test.c

if libcrypt.a is within /usr/local/lib.

Regards,
Stipe

--