Major Majordomo Problem

Christopher G. Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Sat Nov 21 04:10:00 GMT 1998

As I've mentioned previously, our recent release of eCos and cygwin B20
has severely swamped our net feed and machine resources.  The gnu-win32
mailing list always runs with a two or three day backlog but recently
the problem has been worse than usual.

We will be moving to a different machine and different mailing list
software in the next several months.  That should solve some problems.
The bandwidth problems will undoubtedly remain for some months to come.

If anyone would like to offer their services as an email exploder I'd
be happy to hear from them.

Otherwise, we'll all just have to muddle along with what we've got.

And, please, no private email pressing me for more details on this
problem.  I don't need to hear how you've been reading mailing lists
for the last 27 years and the gnu-win32 mailing list is so bad that
it is causing you marital problems, your dog has developed a rash,
and your kids are flunking algebra.  We are aware of the backlog
but I don't have more details than what I've provided.

cgf@cygnus.com
http://www.cygnus.com/
-