b20: c++ bug or feature?

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 18 08:14:00 GMT 1998

Andres Heinloo <lka@physic.ut.ee> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when compiling gtk-- example program 'OhharaDraw', I get the following
> error:
>
> OhharaDraw.h:130: sorry, not implemented: object size exceeds normal limit
> for virtual function table implementation, recompile all source and use
> -fhuge-objects

[...]

> Is it just a feature of Cygwin egcs port, or a bug?

If it works on other x86 ports and not on Cygwin, it's quite possibly a
bug. Calling it a feature makes some of us feel better of course ;-)

I haven't seen this even with very large objects, so I'm rather curious.
Can you send me the preprocessed file so I can take a look?

  $ c++ -v -save-temps [usual compiler flags] -c <file.cc>

will create a <file.ii> file, which is what I need. Also send me the
compiler output to the screen please ('-v' option).

It's probably going to be large, so you might want to compress it before
attaching.

Regards,
Mumit

-