Please help with building binutils for hitachi H8300 development

Jay Shroff jshroff@rougesteel.com
Wed Nov 4 09:49:00 GMT 1998

 was'nt sure if my earlier message made it to the list so I'm reposting again, sorry if the first one did make it.

Hi all,

I have cygwin B19 installed and am trying to build binutils target=h8300.

heres the output on running configure --target=h8300.

bash-2.01$ ./configure --target=h8300
Configuring for a i686-pc-cygwin32 host.
Created "Makefile" in //d/utl/binutils-2.9.1 using "mh-frag"
./config.status is unchanged
Configuring libiberty...
Appending ./config/mh-cygwin32 to xhost-mkfrag
Appending ./config/../../config/mh-x86pic to xhost-mkfrag
xhost-mkfrag is unchanged
Linked "alloca-conf.h" to "./alloca-norm.h".
Created "Makefile" in //d/utl/binutils-2.9.1/libiberty using "xhost-mkfrag"
./config.status is unchanged
cd: lstat /d failed

looks like it's the shell complaining about lstat? can some gurus help me out here.

Thanks a ton

Jay Shroff
-