Problems with XOpenDevice

Ronald Pijnacker Ronald.Pijnacker@best.ms.philips.com
Tue May 26 04:48:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

I've been playing around with the CygWin32 for some time now, and I am
trying to get a program working that uses two X-connections. One is
for the displaying of the graphics, and the other for handling the
input. (This happens in a thread, and yes I know that the CygWin32
layer is not MT-safe...)
The problem I have is that, although the first connection is opened
correctly (there is even a window with output present), when I try to
call XOpenDisplay(NULL) for the second time the program exits with
error code 1 _inside_ the call to XOpenDisplay. Could anybody help me
here?

The X-server I use X-win from StarNet. I've also tried Exceed, with
the same results...

Ronald Pijnacker
rhp@iname.com
-