BUG: readline

David Avrahamov davidav@msil.sps.mot.com
Thu May 21 10:36:00 GMT 1998

Earnie Boyd wrote:
I have found that the readline function from readline-2.2
will return
the first character of the command line instead of the first character
of the input buffer for buffered input.  The rest of the input
buffer
is OK.

This has nothing to do with the cygwinb19.dll.  I'm using Mingw32
compiled libraries and sources.

EG:  If I have a program called testit which sleeps or loops and
then
calls readline and I enter abcdef before the readline call executes
readline will return tbcdef instead of abcdef.

I don't know where the problem is yet.  If you have an idea please
let
me know.

Thanks,

==
-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Hi,

I believe that the problem is not with the readline function but with
the input buffer or keybord
that is somehow left closed for input during program execution.
The only input can be entered to the buffer while reading the standard
input (e.g. scanf).
I have encountered this problem two weeks ago.
You can try the following code which doesn't calls for readline but
also has the same problem.

main()
{
    char string[20];

    printf("Please type something whithin 10 seconds
from now and watch how it 'disappear' !")
    wait(10);
    scanf("%s",string);
    printf("You typed: %s",string);
}
Only the charecters entered after the the first 10 secs will be printed.

I really don't know how to solve this problem.

If you have any ideas please feel free to let me know.

By the way, what is Mingw32 ?

--
David Avrahamov
Phone number: 952-2176