XEmacs

Robin Crampton rcrampton@armature.com
Mon Jul 20 18:29:00 GMT 1998

Hello.

I've installed X11R6.4-cygwinb19.tar and
Xemacs-21.0-b41-cygwinb19.tar.gz.  I can't remember where I got them.

XEmacs starts up and looks fine.  But when I File.Open, a dialog appears
and disappear VERY quickly and I'm left with the error "Window height 1
too small (after splitting)" on the status window.  C-x C-f works.

I can play tetris without any problems, but I'd rather write some code...

When trying to exit (after playing tetris) I get the message "please
answer the dialog box", but there isn't one!

I'm starting XEmacs from a bash prompt using "xemacs" with no arguments.
 There are no rc files to run.

Should I be using X11R6.3?  Is there a new release of XEmacs for
cygwin32?  I know some of you out there are using this software without
any problems!

TIA.

-