Unable to fdopen() a pipe handle

Christopher G. Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Jul 14 08:29:00 GMT 1998

In article <5010400024885002000002L022*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>,
Craig Setera <setera@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>I've got a chunk of code that create an anonymous pipe using pipe() and then
>attempts to create a write stream on the pipe using fdopen() (something like
>this... from memory... not necessarily correct):
>
>int mypipe[2];
>FILE *mystream;
>
>pipe(mypipe);
>mystream = fdopen(mypipe[1], "w");
>
>I can't seem to get fdopen() to return anything other than NULL.  Any thoughts?

I just tried this and it works fine for me.  I'd be surprised if it didn't
since this is a very common thing to do.  Try upgrading to a "coolview"
version of cygwin.dll:  http://www.lexa.ru/sos .
--
cgf@cygnus.com             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada