Question...

Stipe Tolj tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jul 9 13:22:00 GMT 1998

Marcel R. wrote:

> I send a program that i compiled here for a friend... He said that this is
> asking for the file cygwin.dll ... To run my program the other person has
> to have this dll???

definitly, yes.

The cygwin32 UNIX API which operates on top of the standard Win32 API is
linked in the cygwin.dll (since b19 called cygwinb19.dll) dynamic
loadable library.

So the .dll file must we within the PATH environment variable or local
.exe file directory. I haven't heard o an option avoiding this, i.e.
compiling the cygwin32 dll to the exe file.

Regards, Stipe

--
stud.rer.pol. Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>
HTTP Server Development Management