Windows 98

Geoffrey Noer noer@cygnus.com
Thu Jul 9 10:49:00 GMT 1998

On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 11:52:16AM -0400, Mike Bandy wrote:

> Is anybody running Cygwin under Windows 98?  Any problems going from Win
> 95 to Win 98 that I might want to look out for w.r.t. Cygwin?

The current development snapshot knows how to identify Windows 98 and
currently treats it identically to Windows 95 internally.

In Beta 19, some checks are for NT and others are for Windows 95.
Therefore, Windows 98 may not always execute the right code in that
version.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com