tar: using gnu tar with a SCSI-II tape drive on win32

Urs Rau urs.rau@uk.om.org
Thu Jul 2 22:13:00 GMT 1998

Hi there,

It's quite nice to have all those win32 gnu-tools but I can't figure out how to
use "gnu - tar" to access my scsi DAT (HP35480A  4mm 90m) tape drive
that hangs off an adaptec 1542 adapter. [it would really be great if I could
exchange data from the unix world to the win-world that way]

I have looked at the mount command and it looks "teasingly/promising" in
that it says there is a mount point for the /dev/st0 scsi tape drive. Only
problem is that win32 doesn't seem to have a /dev/st0??

How can access it under win32 - is it possible with cygwinb19? Or do I have
to go looking somewhere else? Where?

Urs