(Parallel make) gmake -j4 crashes often: runtime error R6016

Christopher Dunn cdunn@montereydesign.com
Thu Jul 2 22:13:00 GMT 1998

Sometimes, I see this message in the console window:

runtime error R6016
- not enough space for thread data

Actually, I can even get that message with make -j1. It happens after
about two dozen gmakes finish in different directories. The last step is
for the executable to be linked with the libraries.

Is there a way to increase the space avaialable for the thread data?

I am using the latest version, downloaded as an executable. I have a
four-processor machine. I use MAKE_MODE=win32.

Christopher Dunn
-