My Changes to win32
Thu Jan 29 19:59:00 GMT 1998
I have make a number of changes to the beta18 release that I am now will
share with other users.
Here is a quick list of this that have been changed.
1. Change the way files descriptors are access.
2. Added dymanic memory for system use
3. A number of struct are not allocated.
4. Add error handling for bad memory address
5. Add termios stuff to use ioctl like bsd system
6. Added sleep/wakeup stuff with wait channel and string message
7. change a number of places where index where used to memory
8. redid the select code to be more like unix version. I still need
to do select for pipes, sockets.
9. Made binary the default mode (No binary/text on devices)
The changes will only work on win95 I still need to get the address that
maps files can be shared for
NT. I known that it not the same addresses.
The changes are only in source form. The url http:www.mlb.org. It has a
tar file that has both the
newlib and winsup directory. I will not make a patch. If you do not
known what to with the source
then this is not for you.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".
More information about the Cygwin