unexpected behavior of read() under win95

Sebastian Kuzminsky kuzminsk@taussky.cs.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 26 11:40:00 GMT 1998

Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
] For text mode opens, read() is stripping out \r's.

   It strips our \r when preceeded by \n, and it reports EOF on reading
0x1A...  But, as you say, the O_BINARY flag makes it not mangle the data.
Thanks!

   I will remember that not everyone is Posixally correct.
   I will remember that not everyone is Posixally correct.
   I will remember that not everyone is Posixally correct.
   I will remember that not everyone is Posixally correct.

Sebastian

-