what is equivalent to CreateFile, DeviceIoControl, CloseHandle???

Marc Fiuczynski mef@cs.washington.edu
Sat Jan 24 21:53:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

I need to do the equivalent of the CreateFile, DeviceIoControl, and
CloseHandle calls that are defined in MSVC kernel32.lib.  What I am
trying to do is open up a device, do an ioctl operation to it, and then
later close that device again.  So I suppose there are two questions:

*	does the cygwin dll have similar operations that I can use to do
the CreateFile, DeviceIoControl, and CloseHandle?
*	how can one link with MSVC's kernel32.lib so I can just call
these routines directly?

Thanks,

Marc
mef@cs.washington.edu