Problems getting tty's to work

vischne@ibm.net vischne@ibm.net
Sat Jan 17 11:00:00 GMT 1998

>   Sergey Okhapkin (sos@buggy.prospect.com.ru)
>   Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:22:19 +0300
>bcboy@dorothy.wanglab.brandeis.edu wrote:
>> Hi all. With the latest coolview installed on win95, I get odd
>> results trying to get the tty code to work.
>>
>> I start a msdos shell, run bash, then do
>> CYGWIN_TTY=1
>> export CYGWIN_TTY
>>

>Start msdos shell, the do
>set CYGWIN_TTY=1
>bash

Hi there.  Is this a new requirement, or is it in the b18 cygwin documentation
only?  It would be really neat if there were some way to get the cygwin
terminal to emulate _all_ of the ansi/vtxxx escape sequences properly so
that ported Unix apps could display without all that text overwriting that
presently goes on.

-