backup from win95/NT to linux

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Mon Jan 12 17:26:00 GMT 1998

Hi Harald,

>Hi,
>
>is there a way to backup files from a win95/nt-PC over Ethernet (IP) on
>a Linux PC with TAR ?? or maby a other tool ??  Please give me a tip !!

Have a look at Samba (samba-1.9.18.tar.gz), which is a LAN manager server
for U*ix machines and provides a tool called smbtar, and/or smbfs, which
gives you smb(u)mount to mount Windows shares to your Linux machine (at
the moment only available for Linux).

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-