using win32 DLL's with cygwin32

Joe Thykattil joseph@photon.ceco.com
Fri Jan 9 13:25:00 GMT 1998

Hello,

I'm new to the gcc-b18/win32 arena.  I just installed it and have
successfully ported some unix programs over to WinNT 4.0 SP3.

I'm now having trouble using vendor provided DLLs with gcc on WinNT.  I
tried the impdef followed by the dlltool to create a libxxx.a file, but
that technique is still giving me "undefined reference..." errors for
the functions found in the DLL.

I'm using essentially the same make file from when I compiled it
successfully on Sun Solaris with mods to reflect the NT env.

Please help.

Thanks.

Joe

joseph@photon.ceco.com