Windows NOTEPAD replacement that read binary text files.

Tony Thompson Tony.Thompson@arm.com
Tue Jan 6 10:24:00 GMT 1998

At 06:09 06/01/98 PST, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>For those of you interested, I have found a notepad replacement that
>will read the binary mode text files properly.  However, it only writes
>\r\n text files.  It also offers other goodies.  This is version 1.1 of
>Notepad+ by Rogier Muer.  This is a small zip file 208,263 bytes.  The
>zip can be found at ftp://ftp.iimagers.com/pub/npplus.zip

I've used Programmer's File Editor for general text editing for a few years
now. It displays both Unix and DOS style files, allows editing, and saves
the file in it's original format. It also allows easy conversion of the
occasional file; load it, double-click on the format indicator in the
status bar until it shows the right format, then save.

See http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/ for info.

Tony.

-