gdb and egcs

Christopher Faylor cgf@bbc.com
Mon Jan 5 19:09:00 GMT 1998

In article < 9801051521.ZM8162@typhoon.coginst.uwf.edu >,
John F. Kolen <jkolen@typhoon.coginst.uwf.edu> wrote:
>I have a problem using gdb on egcs generated code.  Gdb works fine on the
>first pass through the program.  On the second pass it hangs right after
>the "running ..." message, if there are arguments.  Running with no arguments
>does not display this message, but it still hangs.  And it hangs pretty good--
>doesn't respond to ^C or kill (Win32) or abort task (Windows95).
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

I don't believe that this is an EGCS problem.  I've seen the same thing
happen with binaries compiled with "stock" B18.

I've noticed that if I let the program I'm running run to completion or if
I kill it from another window without letting gdb kill it, that things seem
to run better, i.e., no hangs.  Maybe it's just superstitious behavior on
my part, though.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."