performance of cygwin32

Ed Peschko epeschko@den-mdev1.tci.com
Fri Jan 2 18:52:00 GMT 1998

> The slowness comes from the cygwin.dll emulation of unix.  If you
> install Sergey's coolview update you will notice an increase in speed;
> but, it still won't match solaris.  Win32 appears to be slow anyway,
> especially Windows 95.

Win32 is slow, but network drives are *glacial*, at least with cygwin32 tools.
I've installed the coolview update (when will it be incorporated into the
'vanilla' cygwin32 tools anyways?) and it is going a bit faster.

Just curious on why it would be so slow over a network drive... I don't seem
to remember having the same problem over NFS mounts..

Ed
-