termcap questions

Kevin Bailey kevinb@acceleratednetworks.com
Thu Dec 31 08:55:00 GMT 1998

Hi all,

I have cygwin 20.1, which is running great, and I want to download
and compile Joe's editor. But first I guess I should straighten
out the termcap stuff.

Should/must I copy the termcap file under /cyg.../etc to /etc ?
Which entry would you recommend for doing cursor movement,
arrow keys and bold (but no color needed) in a DOS window
(NT console) ?  And lastly, I guess I set TERM=whatever ?
If anyone has actually done this, I'd appreciate any additional
suggestions or warnings.

Thanks!
-