B20.1: arrow key repeating problem with bash

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Sat Dec 26 07:47:00 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/25/98 11:14:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
willm@ihug.co.nz writes:

<< If I tap the arrow keys, they work as expected, but when I hold down the
 arrow keys, it inserts "D"s and "["s into the line when I hold the left
 arrow key, and "C"s and "["s when I hold the right arrow key. >>
This apparent timing problem in key code translation has always been with me
on W95 also.  On my NT system, it crops up when multiple processes are
running.
-