Saying things straight...

Stephen L Arnold sarnold@coyote.rain.org
Mon Dec 21 21:09:00 GMT 1998

On 21 Dec 98, Kai Ruottu had a really nice post about Saying things
straight...:

> About the Alan's case:

[a little too much to repost]

> Please choose your attitude:

1) Most customers/users are ignorant (and maybe stupid).

B) Most sales weenies are even more ignorant, of alternative OS's,
hardare, or software, and wouldn't dream of asking about a
customer's requirements.

4) And, except for games and gee-whiz software, linux is the best
OS around for the PC architecture, whether desktop or server.

For some reason, I have this (quite insane) desire to learn the
basics of the win32 API, and the cygwin stuff gives me a nice
environment for being confused about both unix *and* windoze...

If only all the stdlib stuff worked the way it's supposed to...

Was anybody else as confused as I was at the end of Kai's post?

Then I believe his work is done here.  Amen.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation.

In other words,  NO SPAM!!!
-