GDB under Windows95

Hilton Fernandes hgfernan@usp.br
Mon Dec 14 20:12:00 GMT 1998

On 14 Dec 98 at 14:56, Matteo Villa <villa@txt.it> wrote:

> I'm trying to recompile GDB in order to let it work with windows COM
> interface calls The problem is that Win console applications (like
> GDB) don't support COM calls So my idea was to create an empty Win95
> application skeleton (i.e with Visual C++) and insert GDB into it,
> but I'm not sure about how to realize this, and how to modifiy
> existing makefiles, and above all, how to redirect input and output
> (for GDB command line) to the new window Anyone has some idea ?

Hello!

Probably the best person to answer this is Jacob Navia
<root@jacob.remcomp.fr>, the author of the interesting lcc-win32, a
minimalistic compiler for the Win32 API.  He's been involved with
Win32 debugging and probably has considered the problem you mention.

However, he'll probably tell you to forget GDB. :-)
(Sorry Navia, i couldn't resist. :-))

Regards,
--Hilton

----
Hilton Fernandes
hgfernan@usp.br
hfernandes@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5657
URLs and help on C++ programming and Object-Oriented Design
-