CYGWIN variable and NT emacs 20.3 (or even vim)

Ian Collins ianc@kiwiplan.co.nz
Sun Dec 13 12:56:00 GMT 1998

I have set the CYGWIN variable to tty (in control panel) and rebooted.
I open a bash session in a console (tty is /dev/conin), and run the command

emacs -nw

I get the error: "emacs: standard input is not a tty".

So I set the CYGWIN variable in control panel to notty and rebooted.
I open a bash console session (/dev/conin), and then

emacs -nw works (emacs runs in the console window).

I now telnet to the Cygnus NT server and login (/dev/tty0), and rerun "emacs
-nw"

I get the error: "emacs: standard input is not a tty".

Isn't the CYGWIN action for tty the wrong way round??
Why doesn't it work from a pseudo tty??

-