`ldd' functionality

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 8 23:24:00 GMT 1998

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

> I am in the process of patching libtool to play nicely on win32, and
> it turns out that as part of the port I need to do the equivalent to ldd
> on linux/solaris.
>
> Attached is a script which seems to give the right results -- is this
> the correct approach?  Or is there a cleaner (or less kludgy) way to do
> it?

It's a start, but unfortunately not quite enough. It fails to recurse
into the depdendencies.

I suggest you look into cygcheck and wrap that instead. If that doesn't
work for you, I might be able to dig out some old code that emulates ldd
reasonably well (The reason I didn't pursue it is because I had trouble
back then building it with GCC due to win32api header limitations, but
I believe that's been resolved since).

Mumit

-