Bash frustrations ( ctrl-Z & C )

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Tue Dec 8 21:39:00 GMT 1998

Hi Stephen,

>I know this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find it in FAQs
>or archives.  How do you get the 'tty' mode to work.  I have the newest (
>B20.1 ) package installed.  I was under the impression that this line in my
>.bashrc:
 ^^^^^^^

>CYGWIN=tty binmode

Not in .bashrc - it must be set, *before* any Cygnus task will run, i.e.
before bash will start.
So you have to set it in your user env on Win NT or in autoexec.bat on
Win9x or from a batch file, which has bash.exe as its last command.

[...]
>Thanks,
>
>-steve

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-