make

Kevin Watt inspire@u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 29 21:06:00 GMT 1998

Greetings, I just recently installed the cdk
kit, and was hoping to use its make utility to build perl/tk 800.010.
But, anytime I use make makefile, i get a
"

makefile:632: *** missing separator.
Stop.

" error, and it's quite frustrating!
I've tried changing the MAKE_MODE env var. to UNIX, but the problem still
occurs.  I have tested this with many makefiles and I get the same problem,
if on a different line.

An additional problem I get when creating the
makefile for tk800 with perl makefile.pl, is it saying "

Test Compiling config/signedchar.c
Bad command or file name

Test Compiling config/Ksprintf.c
Bad command or file name

"  is it looking for my gcc in the
wrong place or something?  It seems to write all the dependancies ok and
everything else.

Thanks for the help,
Kevin Watt