converting .a files to .dll

Tim Newsham newsham@lava.net
Thu Aug 20 12:31:00 GMT 1998

> I'm not sure that you can convert .a archives to .dll libraries. Perhaps you
> could take a look at Colin Peters'

It's possible but there are some things you have to take care of
(for example, globals in .a's are treated differently than globals in
.dll's).  There's an example Makefile for building dll's out of .a files
on the cygwin site.  I also wrote a similar perl script which does the
same.  Its not perfect, but its a good starting point.

> /ChJ

                                             Tim N.
-