Sun Aug 16 02:19:00 GMT 1998
>I realize this may be a fairly simple question ..but is not so simple
>finding an answer.
>I have just installed the latest release rather than using a gui compiler I
>want to use gnu ..but I can't seem to locate the text editor or any
>documentation on how to find it ..can some one help please
In fact there is none in the standard cdk.exe or user.exe !
You can get vim, though:
- what is it?
- Vim (Vi Improved) is an almost compatible version of the UNIX
editor vi whereby almost every possible command can be performed
using only ASCII characters. Only the 'Q' command is missing
(you don't need it). Many new features have been added: multi
level undo, command line history, filename completion, block
operations, editing of binary data, etc. Vi is available for
the AMIGA, MS-DOS, Windows NT, and various versions of UNIX.
- package availability
- on ftp.franken.de
- in /pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke_Michael
- as vim-5.0-win32-with-gui-bin.tar.gz
- or vim-5.0-win32-with-gui-bin.zip
- or vim-5.0-win32-without-gui-bin.tar.gz
- or vim-5.0-win32-without-gui-bin.zip
- contributed by
- email@example.com (Michael Hirmke)
Michael Hirmke | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg | E-Mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
| WWW http://aquarius.franken.de/
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".
More information about the Cygwin