Missing Win32-fcts {Copy,Move,Fill,Zero}Memory

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 5 03:36:00 GMT 1998

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Mark Becker wrote:

> Sorry, I've to correct the statement above : only CopyMemory isn't
> implemented in gnu-win32, all the others do exist!
> Anyway, for the sake of completeness it would be nice if CopyMemory
> is implemented too! A simple mapping to the memcpy-fct would be
> sufficient I guess; it's similarly done for MoveMemory, FillMemory and
> ZeroMemory.

I've added this for the next mingw32 release (I'll forward the change to
Cygnus as well). For now, you can just add the following to where
ZeroMemory is defined:

  #define CopyMemory (dest, source, len) memcpy ((dest), (source), (len))

Regards,
Mumit

-