Duplicate symbols from STL

Laurent BloB Vaucher blo.b@infonie.fr
Sun Aug 2 01:16:00 GMT 1998

    Hello. I recently downloaded beta 19 and tried
to compile some simple C++ stuff and I have problems
when trying to link. The linker tells me there are
duplicate symbols like basic_strings thingies. It
seems those symbols are present both in the libstdc++.a,
which seems perfectly normal, and in my .o files which
include <string> (maybe inline expansions?).
    I tried to browse the mailing list archives, but
that's not quite aesy, and I only found references to
"undefined symbols". Is there a special option I should
use with thet compiler, with the linker? Does anyone
have the same problem?

Laurent « BloB » Vaucher

-