Win32s/mingw32

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk
Wed Apr 29 14:25:00 GMT 1998

vtailor@gte.net writes:

> The originator of this thread has been sending wildly abusive email to
> anyone responding to the thread.  There are two points missing in the
> above: 1. To port a library like curses or libslang to Win3/31, you
> need some kind of a conio library that lets you set text color attributes
> and move the cursor to predefined locations.  2.  You still have the
> interesting question of whether any Win3/31 program has ever used the
> flat addressing model registers successfully, including for function calls.

Just for the record: I originated the thread, and I have only sent one
letter on this matter which wasn't also copied to gnuwin32. That was
to Mumit Khan saying nothing except that I had already sent a related
note to gnuwin32. In particular, everyone here has also seen what I
wrote directly to vtailor@gte.net. That note was perhaps showing a bit
of frustration with receiving conflicting signals from various people, but
hardly "wildly abusive". You be the judge.

~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907

-