What part of Cygwin API code handles raw device access?

MetcalJM@utrc.utc.com MetcalJM@utrc.utc.com
Wed Apr 22 08:17:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

I'm interested in writing an MSDOS 16-bit tool that behaves
exactly like the UNIX dd, and has access to raw devices
(both floppy and hard disk).  I imagine that I might be able
to adapt some of the 32-bit Cygwin32 code, or at least learn
from it.  If somebody could point me to the right portion of
the cygwin32 b-19.1 code that handles the /dev/fd0 raw
device access, I would be very grateful.

Incidentally, I have done a moderate search of the FAQ and
mailing list archives and found no mention of where to find
this code, or if the current cygwin32 b-19.1 code has raw
device access to harddisks as well as floppy disks.

Finally, if somebody knows of a 16-bit DOS utility that does
what I'm looking to write, please let me know.  Why should
I re-invent the wheel?

Thanks,

JM