X server? telnet? rlogin?

Manin, Dmitrii Dmitrii_Manin@NAI.com
Mon Apr 13 14:52:00 GMT 1998

Please excuse me if this is a silly or obvious question.

I downloaded precompiled X11R6.3 from Andy Piper's site
( ftp://ftp.parallax.co.uk/pub/andyp/x11.tar.gz ), and I couldn't find
an X server in the package. That is, when an exceed server is running
on my machine (NT 4.0 workstation), xlogo starts fine from a bash shell,
but when I try xinit without exceed server running, it wants me to point
it to an X server (with exceed running, twm complains that there's
already a window manager, which is correct, I suppose!)

The question is: is there an X server for win32, is it included in X11
distribution, and if not, where can I get one?

Another problem I have is that xterm (from X11 distribution above) wouldn't
run, even if exceed is running: xterm says

	Failed to open input method
	xterm:  unable to find usable termcap entry

Finally, a totally unrelated question: there's no telnet or rlogin client in

b19 -- why, and where can I get one?

Thanks a lot

- M
-