What Makefile to use when compiling? (again)

Laurent Duperval lduperval@sprint.ca
Sun Apr 12 19:45:00 GMT 1998

HI,

Recently I asked what to do when in presence of a Makefile for NT and a
Makefile for Unix. Everyone suggested using the Unix one instead of the NT
one. Fine. Now, if I've got multiple Unix Makefiles available (and no
configure script) what should I use? SYS V R4? BSD? Linux? Other? What does
cygwin fit closest with?

Thanks!

Laurent

P.S. I've been receiving duplicates too. Not too sure about triplicates...
-