Colors in shell

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Sat Apr 11 10:09:00 GMT 1998

Hi Christopher,

>Okay all... Having some headaches here. :)
>
>How do I get colors? You know, blue for directories, red for links, and so
>on and so on?
>I mostly utilize the tcsh shell, and have a setenv LS_COLORS line in my
>.tcshrc file, but I get nothing.
>Any help would be great!

If you mean, you want to have colors in your ls output, use

        alias ls='ls --color=tty'

in your .<shell>rc file.
*Don't use 'ls --color'*, because it will give you weird output, when
piping ls output for example through less.

>Thanks

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-